Our mission and vision
Big data has become a ubiquitous watchword of biomedical innovation advocating deployment of advanced data-driven AI techniques to revolutionise biomedical research and practice. AI-empowered biomedicine laboratory at UNSW develops cutting-edge innovative AI and machine-learning methodologies integrating and interpreting large-scale molecular and clinical data to promote personalised medicine and precision therapy.
Relying on multidisciplinary expertise and cross-faculty collaborations, we are developing advanced machine-learning methods and deep-learning models that leverage large omics data to find hidden structures within them, account for complex interactions among the measurements, integrate heterogeneous data and make accurate predictions in different biomedical applications ranging from single-cell omics analysis and multi-omics biomarker discovery to disease functional genomics and drug repositioning.
- [16 March 2020] Abhishek has joined us as a Research Assistant. Welcome Abhishek
- [27 Sep 2019] Xiaowei Zhu and Kaylee Vuong have joined our lab from TSP (Talented Students Program), UNSW. Welcome Xiaowei and Kaylee!
- [16 Sep 2019] Afia Tanzim has joined our lab as a Honours student. Welcome Afia!
- [13 Sep 2019] Mohamed Daniel Al Mouiee has joined our lab as a Research Assistant. Welcome Mohamed!
- [15 Jul 2019] Miad Zandavi has joined our lab as a Research Assistant. Welcome Miad!
- [20 Mar 2019] New article published at PLOS ONE: Plasma lipidome variation during the second half of the human lifespan is associated with age and sex but minimally with BMI
- [1 Mar 2019] Forrest Koch has finished his summer internship and joined our lab as a Research Assistant. Congrats and welcome Forrest